Resources for Teachers
This section provides access to the many teacher resources at the Santa Clara County Office of Education, which include online teaching tools, the professional library, grant information and more!
- African American - Web links, literature and other resources for African American History Month in February.
- Brokers of Expertise - Share best practices, best resources, best strategies.
- Bullying - This list of links offers guidance on how to deal with school bullying.
- Career Technical Education (CTE) - CTE helps students, educators and employers to develop and strengthen the relationship between what's being taught in the classroom and its application in the workplace.
- Credential Services - The Credential Services Unit supports and assists school districts, certificated employees, and credential applicants.
- Countywide Plans for Expelled Students -
2009: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
2012: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
- Curriculum and Instruction - Our Curriculum and Instruction services for educators include seminars, conferences, workshops and institutes in all content areas.
- General Education Development (GED) Testing - Find out about eligibility and cost. Pre-registrations are available.
- Grant Resources - a comprehensive library collection of grant resources.
- Hats Off to Teachers
- Kidsdata.org - Kidsdata.org offers data about the health and well-being of children across California. The site offers data for every city, county, and school district in the state.
- Leaders in Education Administration Program
- Learning Multimedia Center - The center has the latest educational resources available for check out and is open to educators, parents, students, and the community. The catalog can be searched on-line.
- Media Tips for Educators - A brief guide on dealing with the media.
- MyEdZone - This one-stop site for Silicon Valley educators and students offers a wide variety of teaching tools and resources.
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) - The NBTS is an independent, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization whose mission is to advance the quality of teaching and learning.
- Real World Applications - resources at your fingertips to engage students through real world situations.
- Resource Area for Teaching - RAFT is a non-profit organization that provides educators with the tools they need to engage their students in powerful hands-on learning experiences.
- SChoolPlan - SChoolPlan is a complete package that provides school personnel with an integrated approach to data management, analysis and decision-making.
- Designing the Arts Learning Community
This handbook is a guide to designing arts education professional development for K-12 classroom teachers
- Educational Resources Directory
An invaluable resource to use in planning activities for students and teachers
- Proper etiquette for caring and handling our flag
Learn how to care for and handle our flag
Date last updated: May 6, 2013